Madeira City Schools’ Seventh Annual Holiday Greeting Card Contest
Three students will be chosen to have their art work featured on our district’s holiday greeting cards!
Holiday Greeting Card Contest Entry Form
The 2012 Theme is “My School . . . My Town”
We are seeking students to assist in designing full color art work for the Madeira City School District’s 2012 holiday greeting cards to be published in December. The winning art works will grace the cover of the holiday cards that are sent out by the school board members and school board office. Each student in Preschool through 12th grade is invited to enter the contest by creating one (1) original color artwork to be considered by our judges; our district art teachers. There will be three (3) winners chosen; one from Madeira Elementary School (Preschool through Grade 4), one from Madeira Middle School (Grades 5-8), and one from Madeira High School (Grades 9-12). An assortment of the cards will be printed and mailed using each of the three winning entries. Winners will receive twelve (12) holiday cards and blank envelopes featuring their individual artwork and will be recognized at the December 17 school board meeting. To enter the contest, please read the contest rules below carefully, submit your artwork and this form by 4:00 PM Tuesday, November 20, 2012 to Diane Nichols, 7465 Loannes Drive, Madeira OH 45243. Artwork may also be dropped off at the same address. Please do not send or deliver art to individual schools as it may not be included for judging.
Holiday Greeting Card Contest Rules
• The cards selected will best reflect the theme and are appropriate to our community, which celebrates a variety of holidays.
• The words “Happy Holidays from Madeira City Schools” or “Holiday Greetings from Madeira City Schools” must be included in the design. The students’ name and grade will be printed on the back of the winning card(s) and should not be in the design.
• Only one original art work may be entered per student. Additional copies of this form are at the board office and all schools.
• Art work must be no larger than 8.5” x 11” (when printed will be 4.25” x 5.5”). Art can be horizontal or vertical.
• Contest is limited to current Madeira City School District students only and is strictly voluntary.
• All entries must be received at the Madeira School Board Office (7465 Loannes Drive) by 4:00 PM Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
• All properly labeled entries will be returned to the student artists.
• All entries must include the Holiday Greeting Card label and parent permission form (below).
• Winners will be notified by December 3, 2012.
• Please call Diane Nichols at 924-3707 with any questions.