Welcome to Madeira Preschool
We are a community of early childhood educators who take great pride in providing our school’s youngest learners with a nurturing, safe, and interesting learning environment that engages young children every single day they are with us. Our classrooms are staffed with skilled, certified teachers who support children’s learning socially, academically and physically. The goal of the Madeira Preschool is to create a high-quality educational experience for children and their families!
Resident take pride in our excellent school district and young families are drawn to live here. The result is that we have the opportunity to welcome many more families into our school community. In order to accommodate the enrollment in Madeira Elementary School in grades kindergarten and first grade, the Madeira Preschool program will be moving to Madeira Silverwood Presbyterian Church, 8000 Miami Avenue for the 2019-2020 and the 2020-2021 school years. The preschool will operate out of the entire lower level of the church. Below are a few details:
- We will continue to offer one full-day class, two sections of half-day morning and two sections of half day afternoon.
- There will be two safe fenced outdoor play areas as well as a large indoor motor room.
- Madeira Preschool Extended Day Programs are available. Before school care will be offered at this new location from 8:00-9:00 AM by our current staff. After-School care will be available from 3:30-6:00 PM through the Champions Program at Madeira Elementary School. Students in After-School care will ride a school transportation bus from the preschool program to Madeira Elementary School at 3:30 PM.
- Teachers will contine to be a part of transitioning children from preschool to kindergarten.
- Preschool parents will continue to be a part of the MES Parent/Teacher Organization.
- The Madeira Preschool's new location will have a dedicated administrative assistant during operating hours.
Madeira Preschool Open House is scheduled for Sunday, January 13th from 2:00-4:00 PM at Madeira Elementary School. More information will be shared on our new location for the 2019-2020 school year. Thank you in advance for your support as we make this transition. We are excited to continue offering a string preschool experience for young Madeira children!
Thank you for taking the time to look at our program. I am available through phone or email to answer questions or to schedule a classroom visit. Please don’t hesitate to contact me. We are happy to have you join our school community!
Mary Ann McPherson, Director
985-6080 ext. 4135
2019-2020 Preschool Registration Information
2019-2020 Preschool Registration Link - Active Jan. 14th @6:00 AM
PRESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE FOR NEW FAMILIES is scheduled for JANUARY 13, 2019 from 2:00-4:00 PM at Madeira Elementary School. This is a great opportunity for new families to meet the staff and learn about what makes the Madeira Preschool a great place for young children.
Four Important Steps for Preschool Registration
1. Preschool registration will begin on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6:00 AM. To begin the registration process we ask that you click on the link labeled, “2019-2020 Preschool Registration” which can be found at the top of the 2019-2020 Preschool Registration Information. This link will not be live until Monday, January 14th at 6:00 AM. This link provides a survey that will ask you to indicate your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of program options - AM/ PM/Full Day.
2. You will receive an email from the Madeira Preschool in early February to offer your child a classroom placement or to place your child on a waiting list. Please respond to confirm your continued interest.
3. On or before February 22nd, bring your completed registration forms (see below), a $25 non-refundable registration fee (made payable to Madeira City Schools) and a copy of your child’s birth certificate to the main office at Madeira Elementary School, to confirm your placement.** See Below
4. Your first tuition payment along with the Physician's Exam and Immunization Record is due on or before May 1st. Without this payment and these two forms, your child’s placement will be offered to a family on the waiting list.
* Registration Policy: Priority registration for placements will be given to currently enrolled students, siblings, staff, and past Madeira Preschool families. Once these placements are made, new families will be placed based on availability. When there is a waiting list within the programs, placements will be made based on the date/time stamp of when online registrations were received.
* Children must be 3 by August 31, 2019
AFTER EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF PLACEMENT
Required Information by February 22, 2019 (found in upper right Forms and Documents section)
● Preschool Registration Form
● Child Information Questionnaire
● Health History
● Emergency Medical Authorization
● Parent Permission To Release Form
● Permission for Annual Class Roster
● Additional paperwork to bring:
● Birth Certificate
● Home Language Survey
● 3 Copies of Proof of Madeira Residency, i.e. ClosingStatement or Rental/Lease Contract/Mortgage
Deed and two others - Voter’s Registration, Utility
Bill, Tax Verification, Pay Check Stub
● Custody paperwork if applicable Required By
May 1, 2019
● Physician Exam
● Immunization Record
First Tuition Payment - Check should be made payable to Madeira City Schools and be mailed or hand delivered to Madeira Board of Education Office, Attention: Trish Niehaus, 7465 Loannes Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45243. No payments will be accepted at the Elementary School. *Please print your child’s name on the memo line of every check. Preschool Payment Information: Tuition is divided into 9 monthly payments. The first tuition is due on or before May 1, 2019. If you register after May 1, your first month’s tuition and registration fee will both be due at that time. Subsequent payments are due the first day of every month, September 2019 – April 2020. In August, you will be given your child’s Madeira City Schools student ID number so that you can set up an EZ-pay account to pay tuition on-line.