We are happy you are joining our school community. Parents will be using our online registration process to register their students for the 2021-2022 school year. Please use the information below to ensure your kindergarten registration is accurate and complete. To be eligible for enrollment, you must reside within the school district boundaries and demonstrate proof of residence as outlined in the online registration process. In order to register for kindergarten, your child must be five years old on or before September 30, 2021.
Three Important Steps for Kindergarten Registration
1. Complete the “Kindergarten Pre-Registration Survey” – The first step in the registration process is to complete a pre-registration survey indicating your preferences for the 2021-2022 school year. This survey information helps Madeira Elementary School begin planning for the upcoming school year. This link can be found at the top of this page. This link provides a survey that will ask you to indicate your preference for AM Half-Day Kindergarten, PM Half-Day Kindergarten, or the Optional All-Day Kindergarten Enrichment Program ($378.00 per month). These requests/preferences will be handled in the order in which they are received after 6:00 AM on Monday, January 11.
2. Complete Online Registration Forms - In February, our online registration process will be open for you to complete the registration forms. The link to access these forms is here: Online Registration Portal. Please complete these forms no later than March 8, 2021.
3. Kindergarten Registration Meetings - After you have completed the online registration process, use the following link to schedule a 10-minute in-person Kindergarten Registration Meeting. In-person meetings will be held at the elementary school office on Monday, 3/22, Tuesday, 3/23 or Wednesday, 3/24. In-person meetings will utilize all COVID cleaning protocols and social distancing. Due to COVID restrictions, only one adult will be permitted at this meeting. Please bring copies of the Kindergarten registration paperwork with you on the day of your in-person meeting. See the list below.
*NOTE: For those who require a virtual meeting, please sign up for a 15-minute virtual appointment on Thursday, 3/25. For virtual meetings only, you must drop off copies of the Kindergarten registration paperwork on or before Wednesday, 3/17, to Madeira Elementary office for review. See the list below.
Kindergarten registration paperwork:
- Birth certificate of student (not needed if attended MES Preschool)
- Three proofs of residency: closing statement/mortgage/deed or rental/lease agreement AND two others – current utility bill, tax verification, paycheck stub, voter’s registration
- Immunization Records
- Custody paperwork (if applicable)
- Optional All Day Kindergarten Registration Fee of $25 with check made payable to Madeira City Schools (if applicable) First tuition installment due May 7, 2021.
- IEP copy (if applicable)
- Picture of student
Monday, March 22 In-person meeting
Tuesday, March 23 In-person meetings
Wednesday, March 24 In-person meetings
Thursday, March 25 VIRTUAL MEETINGS ONLY
Please call Sonja Burniston at the Madeira Elementary office at 985-6080 if you have any questions.