We are a community of early childhood educators who take great pride in providing our school’s youngest learners with a nurturing, safe, and interesting learning environment that engages young children every single day they are with us. Our classrooms are staffed with skilled, certified teachers who support learning socially, academically and physically. The goal of the Madeira Preschool is to create a high-quality educational experience for children and their families!
Residents take pride in our excellent school district and young families are drawn to live here. The result is that we have the opportunity to welcome many more families into our school community. In order to accommodate the enrollment in Madeira Elementary School in grades kindergarten and first grade, the Madeira Preschool program has moved to Madeira Silverwood Presbyterian Church, 8000 Miami Avenue for the 2019-2020 and the 2020-2021 school years. The preschool will operate out of the entire lower level of the church. Below are a few details:
- We continue to offer half-day sessions (mornings Monday through Thursday; or afternoons Monday through Thursday) and full-day sessions (Monday through Thursday; or Monday through Friday).
- There are two safe, fenced outdoor play areas as well as a large indoor motor room.
- Madeira Preschool Extended Day Programs are available. Before-School care is offered at the preschool from 8:00-9:00 AM by our current staff. After-School care is available from 3:30-6:00 PM through the Champions Program at Madeira Elementary School. Students in After-School care ride a school bus from the preschool to the Madeira Elementary School at 3:30 PM.
- Teachers continue to be a part of transitioning children from preschool to kindergarten.
- Preschool parents continue to be a part of the MES Parent/Teacher Organization.
- The Madeira Preschool's new location has a dedicated administrative assistant during operating hours.
Thank you for taking the time to look at our program. I am available through phone or email to answer questions or to schedule a classroom visit. Please don’t hesitate to contact me. We are happy to have you join our school community!
Mary Ann McPherson, Director
Carrie Feldmeyer, Administrative Assistant